History

Saturday, November 07, 2020

TUNNEL MOUTHS made out of Icey Pole Sticks !

Here we have an old tunnel mouth, that I bought second hand, with a few stones missing. I needed two tunnels, so I have made a start, by sticking these two together.
I needed another two, at the other end !
Then I found I needed another one !
Here I am making the sticks look more like stones or bricks, by dabbing no-more-gaps on each brick with a chop stick end. I find you get a 3 D effect.  See Below.....

Nearly finished.....
Now I'm going to make some roads. Do You like my Bedford bus ?
Another bus coming under my road bridge.

My MG, Wendy painted & fitted the people inside !

Trying the Tunnels to see if they fit.

I wanted 2 tunnel mouths, so I stuck these two together. An old second hand one I picked up at a Train Show, with a few bricks missing, so it needed some repair. The rock wall is just some plastic sheeting I bought at a train shop in Perth, it was going cheap, so I thought I might as well use it !
I had some brick plastic sheeting from the same place. I think it might need some weathering.
I used printers aluminum for inside the tunnels, thanks to Peter.
If You are going to use icypole sticks for anything, You need a good cutter. This is mine (See Below)
I bought it at a Train Show. I am very happy with it !

 Sorry these pictures are a bit out of order & I usually get side tracked & start another project, without finishing the first one !  These are my bad habits.....

No comments:

Post a Comment