History

Saturday, July 25, 2020

O Scale in the Loft. The Emu Bay Preservation Society !

I pinched Peter's lift up Bridge Design. It makes it easy to come up the stairs. You can see the On 30 
tracks in the back  ground. Below You can see the raised hinges for the bridge. They have to be raised, so as the bridge clears the track when lifted, as Peter explained to me.
This old Loco has had a name change. Do You like the badges over the wheel arches, I think they came up well. I cut the pin off the back.
 I stuck the Railway name over where the old sign was, as I accidentally took off a bit of paint.

My new Hunslet O Scale desiel Loco, I have personalized it, as You can see. At the back of the wheels, it has a Jack Drive, which I like watching as it goes beautifully around the layout !
I just need a driver in the cab now !  There is a lot of detail on these models.



I have had a Great Week, two new Locos arrived from the U.K. This is a 48/58/14xx Class 0-4-2T Locomotive. The Scale is 1:43.5 from Hattons, UK.  I am very pleased with this Loco, it runs beautifully, it is so good that I have ordered another one, so as I can double head.

Posing along side my O Scale Terrier Loco.
This is a beautiful O Gauge Locomotive & it runs very well, especially at low speeds & it loved tight curves.
Here it is posing on my lift up bridge !  The glowing fire box inside the cab looks great Mate !
Going into the Engine Shed & coming out of the Engine Shed !
To power the O Gauge track, I am using this power supply. I purchased it from a stall at the Sandown Train Show, as a spare for my G Scale Layout in the backyard, it is a bit of an over kill for my O scale track.
The controller is a  L.G.B.  G scale controller. A bit of an over kill, but gee, it works well.....
I have just given my old second hand Lima Locomotive a name "LADYSMITH" and builders Plates.
It now has a number too !
The Station in the back ground is the "Emu Bay Station".   It is a change of gauge station, where the broad gauge meets the narrow gauge on the other side of the Station. Standard O Gauge track on No. 1 Platform & On 30 on the other side, No. 2 Platform, working in 7mm = 1 Foot. Does that make sense ?
LADYSMITH is now No. 5
I bought my Terrier Locomotive from Hattons in U.K.  It came with a name & a number, I just had to add the railway name.
Gee it goes well.....It pulls a good long train at speed, on the Emu Bay Railway Preservation Society.

Over night, somebody has been plastering posters all over my Engine Sheds !

Below, I have been installing hand operated point motors. I find these more fun & no wiring, something I'm not very good at. They are operated by the hand of God !  
I have installed seven so far on my O scale track & they look good. Thanks Ted for the donation, I'll think of You every time I throw a switch !
I finally got the builders plates, numbers & name on my Loco.
See the No.1 on the front between the buffers. Do you like the name "Hawkesbury".
Maud outside the newly installed engine shed, On 30 trestle bridge in the back ground.
    Maud hanging out of the Shed !
Ixion Model Railways Ltd. 7mm Scale Hudswell Clarke Contractor's Tank Locomotive standing infront of newly installed engine shed, just before I put the brass plates on the Loco. I have had this Loco for a couple of years now & I have finally given it a name, number and builders plates. See Above !
I had to make some tools, to unhook the Locos from the wagons, as they come with the hook & loop system. I used a chop stick & a bit of stiff wire. Don't forget the contact adhesive.
A recent purchase from Hattons UK a Sentinal vertical boiler steam locomotive, in National Coal Board Livery. Named after my Grandmother (Just kidding, She had the same name). I bought the 6 wheeled milk wagon there too. Same shot, different angle below.

    Goods train on the station siding, different couplings.
    A different angle of the train at the station, Maude is running around the train.
    This is an On 30 Tram on the viaduct bridge. My railway in the roof represents the narrow gauge  meeting the broad gauge and I have named it the Emu Bay Preservation Society.

No comments:

Post a Comment