History

Friday, April 17, 2020

My O Gauge Layout in the Roof "Where the Narrow Gauge Meets the Broad Guage."

Recently I was rummaging through a box of old model railway bits & pieces, at the local Club & I came across a set of three yard lights & I thought "I could save these!" So I took them home & installed them on the Emu Bay Preservation Railway in the attic.

They are working very well keeping the vandals & graffiti artist out of the railway yards on the E. B. R.


While I was at it I installed a turn table, which I am still working on. It is a lazy susan I picked up from the Op-Shop for $5-00. Most things on my railway are recycled. Most of the timber & base boards came from the Senior Citz Library, when they closed it !  It came at the right time, when I was remodeling my railway in the roof, from just above floor level to a a more workable height, for my old age ! I now have an O gauge oval of track the full length of the house, which gives me over 30 feet of straight running, with a nice curve at each end & numerous sidings and a turn table. Now all I have to do is get the On 30 up & running !  The scenery is giving me a head ache just thinking about it !!!  The corona virus is keeping me at home to do all this exciting stuff.....

No comments:

Post a Comment