History

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Stage 3.

Stage 3 is a long story, so I will start with the first chapter. I wanted another place where I could be out of the elements to run my Emu Bay Garden Railway, so this called for a shed to be constructed. I wanted the shed to look a little like a Railway Building, the roof has a work shop look about it as you will see in the photographs I attach. My Daughter Samantha gave me the wood for the frame of the shed, when they dismantled a back veranda in Hamilton. It was a slow trip home with all that wood on a  small trailer and on the roof of the car. The cladding of the shed is rolla doors (garage doors) from the local transfer station, so the shed wasn't a great cost to the Railway. It was just a case of the garden shed growing! The Railway is at waist height in the shed, due to the slope of our house block, this makes the Emu Bay Garden Railway very interesting & easy to use !

When the shed was completed, double track was laid along the back fence, with a turn around in the shed. The track in the shed takes a circuit around a round house and turn table, still under construction.

No comments:

Post a Comment